Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Jenner ~ Then & Now"

This is my version of JSprague's Digi: in Deep, lesson 2. Jessica's original LO was blue and green and featured a star shape, rather than the heart I chose for my page. Also, her "&" was striped, but as you can see, I chose to go with pink floral to better match the theme of my page. One of the new techniques we learned in this lesson was to blend together two photos -- a cool technique on which, obviously, I still need to work! We also learned how to make our own pattern paper (used for the heart) and our own brush/stamp (the numbers pattern on the heart and the photos). Details, below.

12x12 LO - featuring photos of my sweet daughter, Jenni; the first, at 3 months old and the second, at 22 years old.

Credits:

* Background papers and pink floral paper - Anna Aspnes (a fellow Alaska girl, BTW!); these purple papers were originally a lime green, retinted here for the project
* Rounded corner square die cut (rounded edges on dark paper), journaling lable, grungy photo block and staples - Katie Pertiet
*Fonts - "Alfredo Heavy" (ampersand); "Amerika" (Then, Now), "Anarchy" (numbers) and Century Gothic (journaling, dates on lables)
*Stitching on heart and diagonal stripes on photos were done with a photoshop brush

Photo on left was taken by me; photo on right, by Amy Danzl - Jen & Ivory's wedding photographer.

TFL ~ klb

1 comment:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Thanks for dropping by Rosehaven Cottage and for your incredibly sweet comment. It put a huge smile on my face. I really like your digital scrapbook pages. They're so well done and full of creativity. I could look at all the elements for hours.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage